Taree parish was established in 1855. The foundation stone of Our Lady of the Rosary Church, 79 Albert Street, Taree was laid in 1929.
The parish is wide-spread and has five Mass Centres: Taree, Old Bar, Cundletown, Harrington, and Lansdowne.
Our Parish Priest is Father George Anthicad. He is supported by the Parish Office Staff, and a number of parishioner groups and Committees, Sacristans and Counting Teams.
The Parish Office is open during the following hours:
Tuesday: 9am to 3.30pm
Wednesday: 9am to 3.30pm
Thursday : 9am to 3.30pm
Friday: 9am to 3.30pm
Please Note: Due to Covid 19 restrictions the Parish Office is closed by midday but you can contact us by phone 6552-1084 until 3.30pm.
A weekly bulletin is produced and is available at all Mass Centres. The bulletin includes information on times of Masses and of Reconciliation, special events in the Parish and in the lives of Parishioners, and a reflection on the readings of the day. Submissions for inclusion in the bulletin must be at the Parish Office by 3.00pm Wednesday.
Our Parish has a STEWARDSHIP focus. We each have something we can contribute to the life of the Parish by giving our time, talents and treasure.
The Parish has a planned giving program, and while money is needed to support the functions of the Parish, the hands-on assistance, goodwill and generosity of each parishioner, in whatever way they can contribute, makes our Parish a dynamic entity.
Newcomers to our Parish are warmly welcomed, but please, introduce yourself, and if you have become a resident of Taree or one of its Mass Centres, PLEASE fill out and return a form via one of the collection boxes at the back of each church. The WELCOME leaflet is available at each site.
ADMINISTRATION AND FUNCTIONS
The Parish Office is staffed by Parish Secretary, Lorrie Moore and Parish Finance Secretary , Jenny Hutchison . The Parish is guided in its functions by the Parish Pastoral Council, the Parish Pastoral Team, the Parish Finance Council and by the Liturgy Group.
Other important groups in the parish include:
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) and Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- Prayer and Bible Study Groups
- Altar servers; Sacristans
- Readers of the Word at Sunday and weekday Masses
- Ministers of Holy Communion assist at Mass and visit homes, hostels, nursing homes and hospitals
- A team of collectors and counters
- A lay Catholic Funeral Minister
- Secular Franciscan group: meets on the first Friday of the month in the Resource Centre.
- The St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Couples for Christ
- Catering Committee managed by Cheryl Kingsford with the help of our good hearted volunteers.
- Family groups St. Mary’s Hall, the Resource Centre and Meeting Rooms can be hired for special social occasions by any group. Contact the Parish Office to make a booking. St Mary’s Piety Stall is open at the front foyer of Our Lady of the Rosary Church Taree on Saturdays, after 6.00pm mass and on Sundays after 9:30am mass.
A Pastoral Council consists of the Parish Priest together with a group of parishioners chosen by the parish community. The Pastoral Council’s role is to promote the Church’s mission to live and communicate the love and values of Christ in our world. The Pastoral Council shares in the responsibility for the ongoing life and development of the faith community, working together with parishioners to provide support for their efforts to live as followers of Christ.
Brian Lincoln Jenny McKeough Melissa Hunt
- Old Bar
- Peter Neal
- Herby Ploder
- Susie Ploder
- Quentin Schneider
- David Hutchison
- Diane Foster
Lorrie Moore - Parish Secretary
Jenny Hutchison - Finance Secretary
Send an email